Monday 20 August 2012

Intriguing Blogger


                           self portrait with Robe of Precious Objects
                                 first sample of applique on organza, seen against a black background
"However I have found that writing the blog has really made a difference to how I see my work. I have found all sorts of connections within it – in fact WordPress is set up to make any connections easily apparent – I realise now that my work revolves around a few ideas that overlap and integrate – I had thought what I made was in separate compartments depending on the techniques/ outcomes involved.
Obviously this will only be apparent in a mature maker; but your students should be able to integrate their studies with their own lives, their likes, dislikes and comments are vital- it this is what makes creative design work connect beyond function – when the maker shines through the discipline.
I photograph my own studies/pieces then go searching for ways to connect them to the original sources – see Ongoing Work for this – the first post Burkha eyes. I also work into the sketch book as an ongoing discipline – in fact maybe I will start a sketchbook page on the blog – I have kept them since I was a student in the late 1960′s!!!!!!" An intriguing excerpt from Janet Haigh's blog.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment